Choosing Dr. Anne
The therapeutic process rests solely on the alliance between therapist and client, so it is essential both parties are comfortable with the dynamic between them.
Therefore, I encourage all of my clients to firstly read the content on my website to decide whether they think I would be a good fit for their needs, then should they decide to move forward, I offer a free 15-minute phone contact to discuss in greater detail the client’s issue and whether I can help.
- All sessions are confidential and can be done remotely or face-to-face where geographically possible.
- A session lasts for 90 minutes, a length of time that I have found over the years fits a more natural conversation span.
- Typically clients see me initially for 4-6 sessions at frequent intervals, and thereafter, on an ad hoc basis if they feel it is necessary.
I offer psychological and hypnotherapeutic services for a range of anxiety-based issues.
Typically my clients seek me out for help with:
- Panic Attacks
- Social Anxiety
- Public Speaking Fears
- Eating Issues
- Body Image Problems
Trauma comes in many different forms, but can be broadly broken down into those suffering from Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and those with Complex-PTSD (C-PTSD).
It can be associated with a relatively, discrete one-off event, such as being in a car accident or having been assaulted.
Clients with PTSD have generally been traumatised by a discrete one-off event, such as being in a car accident or having been assaulted. Their symptoms include:
- Intrusive thoughts – Re-living the event.
- Increased autonomic arousal – elevated heart rate, breathing issues.
- Panic attacks
- Sleeplessness and appetite disturbance.
- Feeling like no one understands.
Clients with C-PTSD have generally been traumatised over a prolonged period of time, often in childhood. They have suffered neglect, ongoing emotional insecurity and were often insecurely attached to a main caregiver.
Their symptoms are often more rational in nature:
- Difficulties in making strong rational bonds (often seeking out, but then avoiding deepening intimacy)
- Increased autonomic arousal – whilst their body is constantly on high alert, they are often unaware of this.
- Generalized anxiety – they never feel safe.
- Dissociated or fragmented sense of self.
- Chronic mood disturbance.
Whilst much technique I use overlaps in the two groups, working with C-PTSD understandably entails a more long-term therapeutic alliance.
I specialise in intensive psychological and hypnotherapeutic services for clients who are:
Exiting destructive relationships and/or surviving high-conflict divorce.
Due to the negative nature of their relationship experiences. I often think of my work with my clients as being three-pronged, centring on:
Relationship, trauma and anxiety-based issues.
As a majority of my clients have been in highly destructive and often abusive relationships, it is not uncommon for them to initially present with the severe physical complaints typical of anxiety disorders and trauma-based PTSD:
- Appetite disturbance (eating too little or too much).
- Panic attacks.
- Intrusive thoughts.
- Low mood.
Medical & Dentistry
I offer psychological and hypnotherapeutic services to a range of clients who have medical or dentistry issues. My clients seek me out or I am sent referrals from health providers for the following types of issues:
- Pain reduction
- Skin conditions
- Sleep disturbance
- Pre and post-operative preparation
- Pre and post-partum preparation
- Sexual dysfunction
- Medication compliance
- Alcohol control
- Needle and dentist phobia
- Analgesia and anaesthetic